Tuesday, February 11, 2014

BBQ Cheddar Chicken Meatball BLT Sliders


I feel like you guys are probably kind of worried about me at this point. Like, I know you're whispering amongst yourselves over there in the corner. "Does she really eat that much bacon? Does she make anything that doesn't have bacon in it? It might be time to schedule a bacon intervention. A baconvention."  

And honestly, I understand where you're coming from. I really do. I do share lots of recipes that include bacon. But I feel that it's important that I also tell you that I make plenty of meals that don't involve bacon. Granted, most of the meals that don't involve bacon leaving me thinking how much better they'd be with bacon, but still. And I promise, one of these days I'll share a non-bacon-centric recipe.

But today is not that day.

We're talking BBQ chicken meatball BLT sliders today, and they definitely include glorious, glorious bacon. They also include other yummy ingredients, like BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese, but mostly bacon. They're like the most kicked-up version of a BLT you've ever had, and they are amazing. They're super quick, super flavorful, and super delicious. And super BACON-Y. Life is good.

BBQ Cheddar Chicken Meatball BLT Sliders
adapted from Inside BruCrew Life

1 pound bacon
1 pound ground chicken
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 egg
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
Sliced Roma tomatoes
Shredded lettuce
Mayonnaise 
12 slider buns

1. Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Crumble 4 strips of bacon or chop it finely. Reserve the remaining 12 strips for the sandwiches.

2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the chopped bacon, the chicken, cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, garlic and egg.

3. Shape the mixture into 24 meatballs. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.

4. Coat the cooked meatballs in the BBQ sauce. Assemble each sandwich with 2 meatballs, 1 slice of bacon (broken in half), a slice of tomato, and some lettuce. Smear the slider buns with mayonnaise and serve.

No comments: