Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Roasted Potato and Tomato Gyro Wraps


I can't believe it's been a week since the last time I posted! I have no good excuses, really. I typically try to write posts for the week in the evenings, but I've been preoccupied with other things. And by other things, I mean Game of Thrones (which Joe and I are finally watching!) and this amazing, incredible book, which I believe should be required reading for every single person, everywhere in the world.

One other current obsession, though, is this recipe, which I've been eating for lunch every single day for the past two weeks -- and I show no signs of getting sick of it any time soon. I had these wraps on one of our weekly menus but didn't make them for one reason or another, and, since Greek food isn't Joe's favorite, I decided to just make a big batch for myself for work lunches. Best decision ever! 


I can't get enough of these wraps. The combination of crispy roasted potatoes, soft and sweet roasted tomatoes, tangy feta, cool cucumbers, and creamy tzatziki is just perfect. I love these so much, there are just no words.

In the recipe below I have assumed that, like me, you will make a huge batch of these gyro wraps to eat all week long. If you don't want to do that (you'll be sorry...), you can easily adjust the measurements.

Roasted Potato and Tomato Gyro Wraps
inspired by Fitbie

2 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons Greek seasoning, divided
Tzatziki sauce (the sauce listed in this taco recipe is my favorite)
Feta cheese
1 English cucumber, diced
Flour tortillas

1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Greek seasoning and distribute evenly using your hands. Roast potatoes for 25 to 30 minutes, until browned and crispy. Set aside.

2. Arrange the tomatoes on the same baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of Greek seasoning; combine with your hands. Roast for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes burst.

3. Place some potatoes and tomatoes in the center of a warmed flour tortilla. Top with tzatziki sauce, diced cucumber, and feta cheese. Wrap and serve.

1 comment:

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper said...

I love gyros and I bet I would love these! It is currently 2 am and I am not asleep because I'm watching Game of Thrones ;)