Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mexican Chicken Quiche


Remember how I said that, when I take photos of food for this website, I always photograph my actual dinner plate? Well, that still holds true for this recipe. I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit that the entire piece of quiche up there was mine, and that I ate the whole thing. It was just too delicious for me to feel the least bit guilty about it.

I have a lot of Mexican recipes waiting in the queue to share with you, but this quiche just may be the best. It's spicy, creamy, cheesy, and incredibly tasty. The topping is crispy, and so is the crust, and the inside is perfectly set and loaded with good stuff: eggs, tortilla chips, salsa, green chilies. You could even add corn or black beans if you wanted to, both of which would be delicious. The leftovers reheat really well, too, which is definitely an added bonus!

Mexican Chicken Quiche
adapted from Pillsbury

1 pie crust
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 1/2 cups broken tortilla chips
3 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
1 cup salsa
1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sour cream, salsa, and cilantro for serving

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan.

2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Beat in the milk. Stir in chicken, tortilla chips, cheese, salsa, green chilies, and salt. Pour into the crust-lined pan.

3. Bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until crust is light golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with sour cream and salsa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this last night and it was soooo good! Somehow I skipped over the part about letting it sit for 10 minutes before serving so it was watery at first but then thickened up after a little while. Delicious! Thank you!