Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekly Meal Planning, Week of 4.2.12


I really can’t believe it’s April already. Joe’s birthday and Easter are both coming up this weekend, and I am not at all prepared for either of those events. Thankfully I have the day off on Friday, so I should be able to get some things done then. Here’s hoping!

The menu this week contains a few meals that are carried over from previous weeks, but after this week, I anticipate our meals to move considerably into lighter, seasonal fare. Even though our winter was mild, it was still winter, and it’s left me craving lots of fruits and vegetables – and lots of grilled foods, too.

Monday: I’m going to a concert tonight with my best friend, so we’ll be hitting up a happy hour beforehand for appetizers and margaritas. The boys are spending the night with my mother-in-law, so Joe’s on his own for dinner.

Tuesday: Taco-lime grilled chicken with apple-avocado salsa, Mexican rice, grilled asparagus. I’m really excited for this one, even though it’s still coming together in my mind. I think it’ll be delicious!

Wednesday: Cheeseburgers on the grill, pasta salad, chips

Thursday: Spicy bacon spaghetti – a carry-over from last week.

Friday: Pork chops with prosciutto cream sauce, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli. This is a recipe from the early days of my blog that I’m revisiting. I loved it then, and I can’t believe I haven’t made it since. I’ll be sure to share it with you all again after I rework it.

Saturday: Joe’s birthday! I’m finally going to make him the sausage pancakes on sticks that I’ve been promising for weeks now.

Sunday: Easter. We’ll be having dinner with Joe’s family. I’m not sure exactly what my contribution will be, but I’ll definitely be making a few things.

No comments: