Monday, September 12, 2011

Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes with Peach Butter


Here’s a simple truth about me: You can put the word “butter” in combination with most other foods in the title of a recipe, and I’m going to want it. Honey butter. Basil butter. Butter baked chicken. Cranberry butter. And, in this case, peach butter. PEACH BUTTER. Yes, please!

As soon as I saw this recipe, I was in love with the idea of making a compound butter with peaches for pancakes, but I didn’t feel like making the sweet potato pancakes that Rebecca made. So I made cinnamon buttermilk ones instead. The combination was wonderful, and it was made even better by a generous helping of warm maple syrup. As long as your butter is softened, this meal is ready in no time, and it’s such a delicious breakfast or dinner treat. I used canned peaches because I hadn’t been to the farmers’ market and the peaches at the supermarket weren’t looking so great, and the canned ones worked just fine.

Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes with Peach Butter
pancakes adapted from Allrecipes; peach butter adapted from Ezra Pound Cake

For the pancakes:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup vegetable oil

For the peach butter:

1/4 cup canned peaches, diced
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1. Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Combine all pancake ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth.

2. Pour batter onto the griddle using a 1/4 measuring cup. Flip pancakes when edges appear to harden. Cook pancakes on other side for same amount of time until golden brown.

3. In a small bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Whisk in peaches and serve on top of pancakes.

3 comments:

Desi said...

That's one beautiful breakfast right there!

Julie said...

Hello deliciousness! Would love that on my table in the morning :)

online pharmacy said...

What? Peach butter? where did you it! I want to taste it at least one time in my life.