Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fruit Smoothies

I’ve made many a fruit smoothie in my day, but they’ve always been a bit of a guessing game for me. I’ll throw in a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and then taste, and adjust as necessary to improve the flavor or texture. The end result was always delicious, but it took a little work to get the quantities right.

Enter this tutorial from Our Best Bites. As soon as I saw it, I couldn’t wait to give it a shot with Andrew’s favorite combination (peaches, blueberries, and, in the summertime, black raspberries). Following this method resulted in a perfect smoothie, the first time, with no adjustments needed. I’ve always used frozen fruit for mine, and I think that’s a great tip: It eliminates the need for ice. Just be sure the fruit is slightly thawed so chunks of it don’t get stuck in your blender blades (don’t ask me how I know this). Another of my favorite things to do is add a handful of baby spinach leaves to the smoothies. You can’t taste it at all, and it’s a great way to get some extra vitamins into your kids.

Today I’m sharing our family’s favorite, but the flavor combinations really are endless. Be sure to check out the Our Best Bites Fruit Smoothie Tutorial for some delicious variations!

Blueberry Peach Fruit Smoothies

1 cup orange peach mango juice
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 cups frozen peaches, slightly thawed
3/4 cup frozen blueberries, slightly thawed
Handful of baby spinach leaves

Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse to combine to desired consistency.

Andrew obviously loves these...


...and even Will was desperate for a taste.

I had to tell him he wasn’t quite old enough yet, and he wasn’t happy with me.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Yummy! I've been making these the past few weeks for Hadley (to get more yogurt, fruit, and spinach in her) and she looooves them! I'm enjoying them, too:-)!

love-up-you said...

Aus wirtschaftlichen Vorteilen ist der beste Weg zu einem lockeren thomas sabo onlineshop Edelstein der gewünschten Größe und Farbe finden und fragen Sie einen erfahrenen Juwelier zu einem perfekten Ring angebote thomas sabo armketten Akzent machen die Qualitäten des Steins. Da der Mondstein ist sehr empfindlich sind sie anfällig für Kratzer und Beschädigungen. Daher sollte Armband mit Anhänger die richtige Pflege gegeben, während sie tragen werden. Nur milde Reinigungsmittel und ein weiches Tuch zur Reinigung sollte them.Many Paare thomas sabo armkette denken, dass traditionelle