Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Salsa Rice Burritos

I don’t have a whole lot to say today. The weather here is pretty gloomy right now, which usually I don’t mind at all (I’m one of those weird people who loves cloudy days and thunderstorms and rain), but today it’s just making me feel blah. It’s been a long week so far.

Anyway, on days when I feel like this, these burritos are just the kind of thing I want to make for dinner. They’re quick, easy, delicious, and my favorite kind of comfort food. I think these took maybe 10 minutes to make. They were a big hit with all three of us, and Andrew even devoured the leftovers for lunch the next day. This will definitely be one of my quick go-to meals in the future, especially since I always have all of the ingredients on hand. Enjoy!

Salsa Rice Burritos
source: adapted from Betty Crocker

1 jar of salsa
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin

1 cup uncooked instant rice
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Handful of chopped cilantro
1 package flour tortillas for burritos (8-inch)

1. In 10-inch skillet, heat salsa, cumin and chili powder to boiling. Stir in rice; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in beans, corn, cheese and cilantro.

2. Spoon about 1/2 cup rice mixture onto center of each tortilla. Fold up bottom of each tortilla; fold over sides. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

This was so fast and easy, and we throughly enjoyed it. Thanks for posting. :)