Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekly Meal Planning


This stage of pregnancy is the best, because absolutely everything sounds good -- vs. nothing sounding good, which was the case in the beginning. And at this point the baby isn't yet crowding my stomach and making me feel full faster (say that ten times fast), so I can eat anything I want, and also a lot of it -- within reason, of course. So bring on the food!

You'll notice that I added something new to the bottom of my meal plan -- a baking category. I'd like to start baking something at least once a week -- something I usually do anyway, but not consistently. I think this will help hold me accountable, and I'm sure all of you would love to see some more baked goods on my site. (I certainly know I would love to eat more baked goods!) Plus, this will help me get through some of my baking cookbooks for the year of the cookbook (which, if you can't tell, is a project I've kind of really been slacking on lately).

Also, how is it possible that it's August already? This summer is just flying by!

Monday -- Soup or Salad: Buffalo chicken salad wraps, potato chips. Okay, I know I'm totally cheating with this one, but as soon as the recipe popped up in my Reader I knew I wanted to make this. Immediately. So I'm counting it as a salad (it technically is, right?) to fit my menu.

Tuesday -- Pasta:
Mock risotto with shrimp and roasted asparagus

Wednesday -- Grilling:
Pepper jelly-glazed chicken with corn and zucchini saute

Thursday -- Quick and Easy:
BBQ chicken-stuffed baked potatoes. Yes. Again with the barbecue.

Friday -- Burgers and Fries:
Sausage burgers on English muffin buns, hashbrowns. So. I have to grudgingly admit that Rachael Ray really is the Queen of Burgers. Both of her burger recipes I've tried so far have been fantastic, and now I'm totally hooked!

Saturday -- Regional or International: It's our five-year anniversary! I'm making Joe take me out to dinner to celebrate. We'll probably keep with the theme, though, and go to our favorite Italian place.

Sunday -- Comfort Food:
Mom's Cajun meatloaf, mashed potatoes, creamed corn. This was on the menu a couple of weeks ago but we ate leftovers instead. This is one of Joe's favorite meals and he's been nagging me like crazy to make it lately, so I'm definitely going to make it for him this weekend. Anything for the man who's put up with me for five years!

Baking: sour cream peach pecan pie

1 comment:

Keri said...

Everthing sounds great this week! I can't wait to see recipes!