Friday, June 26, 2009

Hot Hoagies

This week's burger will be up later tonight after, you know, I've had a chance to actually make it and eat it. It's a good one this week, so be sure to check back!

I just have to share last night's delicious, simple dinner with you. These hot sandwiches were soooo good, and they took absolutely no time at all to prepare. Please excuse the terrible picture; you're lucky I even took a picture, I was so eager to sink my teeth into these!

Joe and I both really liked these sandwiches. I made the full recipe so we'd both have lunches for today. I made a few changes to the recipe, just to fit our preferences. I think some chopped pimiento, or even some pimiento-stuffed olives, would be a great addition to the sandwich topping, too, so I may try that next time. I think these are going to find their way into the regular rotation pretty quickly!

Hot Hoagies
Source: adapted from Laura at Real Mom Kitchen, who got it from Melanie at My Kitchen Cafe

1 loaf french bread, cut lengthwise
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1/2 cup Miracle Whip
1/2 cup sour cream
2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a cheddar-Jack blend)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place french bread on large baking sheet. Mix all topping ingredients together in a bowl. Spread topping evenly on top of both lengths of french bread.

2. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.

3 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Crap! I love this cheesy goodness.

Creative Classroom Core said...

Just look at all that gooey cheese! Yum!

Keri said...

I think we have the same taste in food:-). Anything cheesy and melty is right up my alley. This looks fabulous!