Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Drop Cookies

"Now that's a cookie!" were my husband's exact words as he chewed his first bite of the cookies I made last week. I had some pureed pumpkin left over from the pasta I made, so I scoured online recipes trying to find something that sounded good. I came across a recipe on Allrecipes for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that sounded delicious, so I was going to make those, but then I had a brainstorm: What if I used cinnamon chips instead of chocolate chips? The pumpkin-cinnamon culinary combo is second only to chocolate and peanut butter in my book, so I decided to go for it.

These cookies are, hands down, my new favorite fall cookie. I made them twice last week, and both times they were devoured. These are a cake-like drop cookie -- very moist and flavorful. They're addictive, too, so make with caution!


Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Drop Cookies

Source: inspired by this recipe from Allrecipes

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups Hershey's cinnamon chips
1 cup chopped pecans (the original recipe calls for walnuts, but I didn't have any, and I like pecans better with pumpkin anyway)


1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add pumpkin, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla; beat on medium speed until well mixed.

2. Stir in cinnamon chips and nuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.

3. Bake at 375° for 13-14 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sound great! I am going to try them out for Thanksgiving.